Apr 9, 2008

Only one outlet for negativity in PA primary

The Philadelphia Inquirer:
Both candidates want to damage the other's popularity, but are afraid to use the weapon that really gets results: the hard-edged, 30-second attack ad with grainy black-and-white images and an announcer reciting the worst things about an opponent.
Given the Clinton camp's recent troubles, Obama hasn't needed much help lately. But Clinton?

Lanny Davis on the op-ed page of the Wall Street Journal:
I have tried to get over my unease surrounding Barack Obama's response to the sermons and writings of his pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. But the unanswered questions remain.

I am a strong supporter of and a substantial fundraiser for Hillary Clinton for president (though in this column I speak only for myself). I still believe she should and will be the Democratic nominee. But if Sen. Obama wins the nomination, he needs to understand that this issue goes well beyond Clinton partisans.
Both via Mark Halperin.

No comments: